Multiple teams struggle with story completions and miss their Definition of Done, and forget how the simple act of conversation via acceptance tests can really make them wiser and their lives less miserable !
So what really happens when you start writing acceptance tests "before" any implementation (of actual code or test code) ?
Here's what I have experienced -
1. you tell - what you think no one knows
2. you tell - what you think only some of you know
3. you know now - what everyone else thinks that you already should have known
4. you now know - what everyone else knows
5. everyone knows now - what everybody on the team knows
In the end : You and everyone on the team are now wiser than you were before this conversation.
So go on and use the Power of Acceptance tests and Be Wiser.
Share your experiences and let me know what you have seen.